From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@×××××××××××.net, gentoo-user@×××××××××××.net
Subject: [gentoo-dev] glibc-2.2.4-r6.tbz2 now available
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 14:51:32
1 Hi All,
2
3 For anyone bitten by the recent glibc upgrade bug, I have a pre-built i486+
4 compatible glibc package built, available from the following location:
5
6 http://www.gentoo.org/~drobbins/glibc-2.2.4-r6.tbz2
7
8 To repair a damaged system, you'll want to boot using a rescue disk (such as
9 our boot CD), and then extract the tarball using GNU tar as follows....
10
11 # tar xjUpvf glibc-2.2.4-r6.tbz2 -C /mnt/gentoo
12
13 ...where /mnt/gentoo is the mountpoint of your Gentoo Linux distribution.
14
15 If you don't know how to boot the CD *and* get access to the glibc .tbz2 file,
16 remember that you can enable networking from our CD and then use wget to grab
17 the glibc-2.2.4-r6.tbz2 file. All you'll need is a functioning ethernet LAN.
18
19 Ignore any "trailing garbage ignored" error; that's just tar skipping over
20 our Gentoo Linux-specific metadata.
21
22 Best Regards,
25 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>