From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package checks and updates
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 20:41:38
1 On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 09:34:52PM -0500, Ben Lutgens wrote:
2
3 > Does this include adding the checks for alsa in USE for all the stuff in
4 > media-sound, and media-video? Most of that stuff won't compile for me as it
5 > needs alsa driver. Which I don't use.
6
7 Note that our latest kernel package installs the ALSA headers if alsa is enabled.
8 This means that alsa-lib will install fine, and you should be able to use all those
9 apps with alsa support enabled for the time being without any problems.
10
11 All the apps should work fine, even if you're using oss.
14 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
15 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org
16 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.