From: "Tomáš Chvátal" <tomas.chvatal@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] app-dict team needs help
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 13:23:16
1 Hello guys,
2
3 the app-dict team is almost-non existent altho it provides one of the most
4 core features for our daily desktop usage as without dictionaries and spell
5 checking we could not imagine much work nowdays.
6
7 So what is needed there:
8
9 aspell - all various bugs around, per language file bumps here and there,
10 cleanup and provide new eclass for aspell packages, current one is needlesly
11 complex.
12
13 myspell(hunspell): finish migration to myspell-r1 on the remaining packages,
14 find more upstreams and include the lang files into the distribution. Most
15 important here is that we have dicts for english from 2007 and they were
16 updated a lot in last 6 years when i check the git in libreoffice dicts (but
17 there is no upstream indication).
18
19 stardict: trivial bugs around but i don't use stardict.
20
21 I check this herd as I need it for nice and compfy libreoffice usage, but
22 mostly I am not devoting much to it, so if you guys happen to have spare
23 cycles, please take look for your languages/etc and updated&cleanup, also if
24 you happen to fill stablereq, just cc arches directly there.
25
26 Cheers
27
28 Tom