From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: app-misc/subsurface
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 18:42:20
1 On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 1:11 AM, Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On 2016-09-11 14:19, Martin Gysel wrote:
4 >
5 > >> +1. Any package whose upstream says "don't build this yourself" is
6 > >> hostile to open source principles.
7 > > just to make it clear, upstream never said such thing nor are they in
8 > > any way hostile to open source principles (I suppose you wouldn't state
9 > > that if you know subsurface's developers).
10 > They have, however, used the term "deprecated" to describe
11 > distribution-maintained packages. It's right there on the download page.
12 >
13 > And yes, I know (and so do at least several other devs) that one of the
14 > major contributors to Subsurface is one Linus Torvalds.
17 *eats humble pie*
18
19 Seems I was mistaken, and I also apologize for the venom.
22 > --
23 > MS