From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rc-update interface
Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 11:07:45
1 On 05/09/2010 01:22 PM, Christopher Harvey wrote:
2 > I ran cat /sbin/rc-update and the script is copyright gentoo foundation,
3 > so I'm asking here if there is a programmatic interface to the script.
4 > I'd rather avoid parsing ascii to try to interpret the rc-update state.
5 > (This is for work on ventoo for gsoc)
6 > Thanks.
9 Take a look at what openrc offers. In general when developing things you
10 should be looking at the status in ~arch instead of stable. In operc
11 rc-update is binary:
12
13 $ file /sbin/rc-update
14 /sbin/rc-update: symbolic link to `rc'
15
16 $ file /sbin/rc
17 /sbin/rc: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
18 dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, stripped
19
20 Regards,
21 Petteri