From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Time based retirements
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 04:24:28
1 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > I think the bar for keeping access should be kept low - they
3 > shouldn't be forced to go find some trivial change to make just
4 > to get their name in the logs.
5
6 When I first started looking into becoming a Gentoo developer I got a
7 very strong and very clear impression that this would be absolutely
8 neccessary not to get kicked out again. I still find that really
9 unfriendly, just like all the other bad stuff about Gentoo.
10
11 I've since understood that the documentation I had read is simply
12 incorrect, does not reflect reality, but it seemed quite
13 authoritative when I read it.
14
15 Desinformation is IMO always worse than no information.
18 //Peter