From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New installs of modular X and GTK apps failing
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 01:25:35
1 Hi all,
2
3 One big issue has come up with modular X, which is now fixed in
4 xorg-server 1.0.2-r1. The problem is that upstream released new versions
5 of a couple of extensions (composite and xfixes), but didn't release an
6 xorg-server including the updated knowledge of these extensions. The
7 code for this is in upstream CVS, however, so I've pulled it and added
8 it to our xorg-server ebuild. Since the composite library lacks any
9 version checking, this results in failures, primarily on GTK2 apps, with
10 BadRequests error messages.
11
12 In summary, if you just installed modular X and your apps are crashing
13 with BadRequests, emerge xorg-server 1.0.2-r1.
14
15 Thanks,
16 Donnie
17 --