From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: The future of sys-apps/openrc in Gentoo
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:06:07
1 Le lundi 05 juillet 2010 à 08:57 +0000, Duncan a écrit :
2 [lots of stuff about bashisms and posix]
3 > So let's stabilize OpenRC and be done with it, and /then/ we can debate
4 > where we want to go from there.
7 YES, let's get it stable.
8
9 However please consider not re-adding bashisms and/or not make it less
10 POSIX shell compliant than it already is at light speed. It is a great
11 thing that openrc tries to achieve and allows more use of openrc than
12 basic desktop/server gentoo usage (think embedded and other distros).
13 At least one other distro did this move a while ago (debian) and I don't
14 think they will go back. Seeing they are also moving to a dependency
15 based init system, they probably could just run a fork of openrc (for
16 their init scripts are not exactly compatible with what we do).
19 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
20 Gentoo