From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: net-fs/samba/, net-fs/samba/files/, net-fs/samba/files/4.4/
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 05:33:51
1 On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 01:22:22PM +0800, Jason Zaman wrote:
2 > We do not need the whole manifest checking, we just need to have a list
3 > of SRC_URI that is being added in any ebuilds and then grep Manifest if
4 > those filenames exist. The receive hook checking the hashes of the files
5 > is probably asking too much. This would miss any files added by eclasses
6 > but that is rare and changes less often so we should probably be okay.
7 >
8 > Is there any sane way to spit out condensed SRC_URI for all use-flags?
9 eclasses add a LOT.
10 Of the ~40k ebuilds in the tree, ~11k do not match the regex /^\w*SRC_URI/.
11
12 This means that you need an update to date copy of eclasses at the very
13 least. If Portage/pkgcore could work on a tree that had only a partial
14 Git checkout of: eclasses/, metadata/, cat/pn/
15 Then this probably COULD run much faster.
18 Robin Hugh Johnson
19 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead, Foundation Trustee
20 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
21 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85