From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Council meeting summary for 3 April 2012
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 06:05:47
1 On 04/22/2012 06:25 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > systemd and udev are being merged into one tarball. For the "foreseeable
3 > future", it will still build 2 separate binaries. What happens down the
4 > road if/when it all becomes one combined binary?
5
6 If becomes a problem, then it will be dealt with. There's no sense in
7 doing anything until it becomes a real problem though. Meanwhile, we can
8 sit back and relax. :-)
9
10 > Forking/patching udev would be a major undertaking. Maybe we'd be
11 > better off making add-ons for mdev to provide missing udev functionality.
12
13 Or, just use an initramfs. :-)
14
15 > BTW, how would a non-programmer (at least not C programmer) like me
16 > forward these ideas to the Gentoo Council?
17
18 You'll see an email on this list a week or two before the next council
19 meeting, and you can reply to that with your idea.
20 --
21 Thanks,
22 Zac