From: Christian Axelsson <smiler@××××××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Portage and python b0rkage
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 16:10:08
1 Helloooo...
2
3 I did a emerge rsync and then a emerge -pu perl
4 It showed portage and python was going to upgrade aswell, oh well, let it do as
5 it wants to I thought and removed the -p.
6
7 Now it unmerged most of my system, including portage and python.
8
9 viking files # cat /var/cache/edb/world
10 net-misc/iputils
11 net-analyzer/traceroute
12 net-irc/irssi
13 sys-apps/iproute
14 dev-db/mysql
15 net-mail/postfix
16
17 Any thoughts about this? I made a PORTAGE.RESCUE dance so now I have portage,
18 but still no python. Also the worldfile seems abit false because I have some
19 stuff like apache left... only thing I managed to scroll back and see was a
20 unmerge of textutils, then my buffer was full.
21
22 I dont run any ~x86 stuff and I use gentoo 1.2 (gcc 2.95.3)
25 Christan Axelsson
26 smiler@××××××××××.nu
27
28 If it ain't broken, I cant fix it.