From: Michael Kohl <citizen428@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage Portability
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 07:08:22
1 Hi!
2
3 On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 08:42:56 -0800
4 "Sean P. Kane" <spkane@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > How portable is portage? What files and directories would you need to
6 > make it work with another distribution?
7
8 Somebody (I really can't remember who) posted something about this at end of August. I just copied and pasted parts of it because I found it interessting, maybe a search through the ML archives can help you find the original poster.
9
10 Here's what I copied:
11 "The day before yesterday I tried to put portage on Slackware, and all I did was just copying portage tree, portage bin & lib (symlinks as well), /var/cache/edb and /etc/make* stuff(accordingly /etc/env.d), but it seems working now. You can merge, unmerge and upgrade you system with portage on Slackware.
12
13 I made Slackware tgz package to install portage onto slack, but I don't think you need it because it is too easy!"
14
15 HTH,
16 Michael
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list