From: Wesley Leggette <lists@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Language styling translation tools
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 04:26:25
1 On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 17:00 -0700, Anthony Gorecki wrote:
2 > I frequently work with C# applications, and rather than remaining perpetually
3 > irritated by innate class and method (et al.) naming style of the .NET
4 > framework, I'd like to either find or write a script to rewrite the class and
5 > method names automatically. Ideally, such a script would run after a
6 > repository checkout to rewrite the names, and then again before a commit to
7 > put them back to the way that they were previously.
8 >
9 > This can't be a simple search and replace, as my own code would be in the
10 > C-naming format, while the .NET routines would need to be in the condensed
11 > format; therefore, based upon the libraries that are included by a given
12 > piece of source code, the script would need to determine which portions of
13 > the code belong to those libraries, and which do not.
14 >
15 > Before I start coding, is anyone familiar with an application that performs
16 > this function, or could be adapted to do so?
20 Isn't that sort of like speaking French with English words?
25 Wesley Leggette <lists@××××××.net>
26
27 GPG Key: http://www.kaylix.net/kaylix.asc or http://pgp.mit.edu
28 GPG Fingerprint: 9B6F 19FB 5296 5E6C 21FE 7614 2A20 5688 F848 9BDD