From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Patch: Linguas USE support for cmake-utils.eclass
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 13:57:58
1 On 2012-06-24 18:34, Ben de Groot wrote:
2 > We at qt@ have been discussing this on and off. We would like to
3 > see a linguas.eclass happen, because already now we start having
4 > code duplication. So instead of this duplication of code between
5 > qt4-r2 and cmake-utils eclasses, why not put this into a separate
6 > linguas.eclass that both can inherit?
7 >
8 > Obviously the problem with handling more than just setting IUSE
9 > is the variety of ways in which linguas are handled by different
10 > packages and different build systems.
11
12 I agree that linguas.eclass is a good idea, but how possible is it to
13 incorporate the various build systems, and the various approaches used
14 by each package?
15
16 If you have some ideas, I'm more than happy to help.