From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xfree-4.3.0-r2
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 06:14:34
1 On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 01:24:45AM +0200, Patrick Börjesson wrote:
2 > I set mine in /etc/profile and it seems to work for me (I use Eterm
3 > which reads it at every new invocation) and it should work if you just
4 > log out and log in again.
5
6 A better place (more into Gentoo-style) is /etc/env.d/02locale (if it isn't
7 created yet, create it) with the requested content; mine sais
8
9 swift@Dimosys swift $ cat /etc/env.d/02locale
10 LC_CTYPE="nl_BE@euro"
11
12 since I only want my charactertype to change, but keep the language on
13 English...
14
15 Wkr,
16 Sven Vermeulen
19 Thanks to DRM, you know that something has been built in environment of
20 unspecified degree of security, from source you cannot check, written by
21 programmers you don't know, released after passing QA of unknown quality and
22 which is released under a license that disclaims any responsibility...