From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 34 (category metadata) implemented
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:23:21
1 On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:52:46 +0100 Michael Kohl <citizen428@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | I've just added German longdescriptions for all the app- categories
4 | (well, besides app-vim where you seem to have done this yourself). I
5 | will continue with the other categories later today and tomorrow.
6
7 Cool.
8
9 | BTW: Will there be a tool for our users to easily extract information
10 | from the category metadata? Something like 'equery catinfo de app-vim'
11 | could be nice for example.
12
13 The descriptions will likely show up on packages.g.o at some point (once
14 Marduk gets around to it :) ). As for other stuff, I'm not aware of any
15 existing tool that plays around with metadata.xml (other than herdstat).
16 I could make one (to replace my nasty ewhoistoblame hack) if there's
17 interest, but if I did it it'd be done in ruby...
20 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
21 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
22 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm