From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Key mystery, possible solved - subkeys!
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 16:41:08
1 Robin H. Johnson wrote: [Fri Mar 11 2005, 06:11:43AM EST]
2 > pgp.mit.edu doesn't supported subkeys. Only four servers in
3 > wwwkeys.pgp.net rotation are sub-key capable.
4 >
5 > All of subkeys.pgp.net, keyserver.kjsl.com, the.earth.li are sub-key
6 > capable, and behave correctly.
7 >
8 > keyserver.net used to be decent and support subkeys, but they were
9 > bought out by veredis and the service has gone badly downhill.
10
11 Would it make sense to add keyserver.gentoo.org as a CNAME for one of
12 these that works well? It sounds like you know what servers to use,
13 but I've always been in the dark, and I'm sure most other people are.
14 With a CNAME we could all just use keyserver.gentoo.org and you could
15 change it if there's good reason.
16
17 Regards,
18 Aron