From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in app-text/gnome-doc-utils: ChangeLog gnome-doc-utils-0.12.0.ebuild
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 06:57:44
1 On P, 2007-09-30 at 22:33 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > On 02:42 Mon 01 Oct , Mart Raudsepp (leio) wrote:
3 > > 1.1 app-text/gnome-doc-utils/gnome-doc-utils-0.12.0.ebuild
4 > >
5 > > file : http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/app-text/gnome-doc-utils/gnome-doc-utils-0.12.0.ebuild?rev=1.1&view=markup
6 > > plain: http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/app-text/gnome-doc-utils/gnome-doc-utils-0.12.0.ebuild?rev=1.1&content-type=text/plain
7 >
8 > > pkg_postinst() {
9 > > python_mod_optimize ${ROOT}usr/share/xml2po
10 > > gnome2_pkg_postinst
11 > > }
12 > >
13 > > pkg_postrm() {
14 > > python_mod_cleanup ${ROOT}usr/share/xml2po
15 > > gnome2_pkg_postrm
16 > > }
17 >
18 > Quote ROOT. Template-looking code like this also makes me wonder whether
19 > there should be some sort of gnome-python eclass.
20
21 First off, that stuff ought to be in site-packages in the first place.
22 There's a bug on that.
23
24 I'm in a spree to finally get gnome 2.20 in, so I'm actually not fully
25 reading the ebuilds right now, but instead diffing all relevant build
26 files and diffing the ebuilds, quickly skimming through the ebuild for
27 the patch situation and such and that's it. I can take a look at this QA
28 kind of things later - the lack of quoting is no regression at the
29 moment at least, but a remaining QA bug. Noted in my TODO list, but it
30 needs solving of the above-mentioned bug anyway in the same area. In
31 case of more reviews with problems, feel free to note me or the list and
32 I'll add them to my list of things to check/fix.
33
34 As for gnome-python eclass - I just noticed some python shipping things
35 in gnome are now using a py-compile script that takes care of compiling
36 and optimizing on its own and portage without python.eclass plays along
37 great. Unfortunately not all of them are using this stuff.
40 Mart Raudsepp
41 Gentoo Developer
42 Mail: leio@g.o
43 Weblog: http://planet.gentoo.org/developers/leio