From: Martin Schipany <elcondor+gentoo@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ACPI in gentoo
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:15:11
1 Am Mit, 2003-02-26 um 14.37 schrieb Gertjan:
2 > > > I use the gentoo-sources kernel on my ASUS L3400D laptop. I would like
3 > > > to get suspend to RAM working... When I execute "echo 3 >
4 > > > /proc/acpi/sleep" nothing happens. Sleep states 1 and 5 work
5 > > > perfectly. I would like to know
6
7 be careful! ACPI is typically not fully implemented in the available
8 hardware. so trying a sleep-state may cause your system to crash both
9 because of kernel or hardware problems! and it's _very_ difficult to
10 find out who's to blame! with my sony-vaio S3 causes the system to
11 freeze to death immediately .. to, the kernel seems to support the
12 function, since something happens ;)
13
14 anyway, acpi will most likely be "fully" implemented in the 2.6 kernel -
15 then you will have a real chance to find out, what your hardware is
16 capable of :)
17
18 M.
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list