From: Steven Elling <ellings@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some suggestions
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 20:12:09
1 On Saturday 06 September 2003 19:57, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2003-09-06 at 20:26, Steven Elling wrote:
3 > > Does portage bomb out if make.conf is not present? If so, maybe
4 > > portage needs to be changed so that it will work without the file.
5 >
6 > I definitely like the idea of creating make.conf docs and a link from
7 > the install docs. Also, why can't the portage ebuild contain a 0 byte
8 > make.conf file?
9
10 A zero byte make.conf file would work with certain conditions. Those
11 conditions would be:
12
13 1. If the config file make.conf does not exists, create it.
14 2. If the config file does exist because the admin put it there or portage
15 did, do not try to install a new one.
16
17 I've seen several source installs do this when I was doing LFS.
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list