From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Harald van Dijk" <truedfx@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bug wrangler queue is large...
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 20:26:03
1 On Tuesday 25 May 2010 16:08:55 Harald van Dijk wrote:
2 > On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 03:33:33PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > On Tuesday 25 May 2010 14:46:01 Matti Bickel wrote:
4 > > > I wrangle bugs when there's a need and I'd
5 > > > like to hear what maintainers want to see on a bug assigned to them.
6 > > > If info is missing I usually ask for it and assign the bug anyway. If
7 > > > that's not wanted, let me know.
8 > >
9 > > i dont feel like this should go to the maintainer yet. if a report is
10 > > missing something that the maintainer needs, it isnt ready for them to
11 > > look at. so wranglers ask for it, leave it assigned to bug-wranglers,
12 > > and close as NEEDINFO. when (if) things become available, it can then
13 > > be re-opened and moved to the maintainer.
14 >
15 > No, don't close as NEEDINFO, mark as ASSIGNED. NEEDINFO bugs cannot be
16 > reopened by other users, even if they provide the requested information.
17 > NEEDINFO bugs are also easily forgotten about when the reporter forgets
18 > to reopen the bug him/herself.
19
20 and people on the wrangler alias see that traffic, so the state doesnt matter.
21 but i guess you're trying to cater to people who only scan the assigned list
22 rather than watching the e-mails sent to it.
23
24 > Plus, it's in the docs anyway.
25
26 then i guess i'll point this out to those who wrangle these things to
27 maintainers w/out following the docs. thanks.
28 -mike