From: Paul Komarek <komarek@××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: komarek@×××.edu
Subject: [gentoo-dev] install instructions
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:38:27
1 Hello,
2
3 I just grabbed the 1.1a tarball today (12 Apr 2002), and am in the process
4 of installing Gentoo. Everything looks good so far, especially the
5 colored prompt! And that brings me to a buglet in the install
6 instructions or bash.
7
8 Code listing 17 looks like:
9
10 # chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash
11 # env-update
12 Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...
13 # source /etc/profile
14 (none) / # ooh! A new prompt!
15
16 For some reason, the SHELL environment variable remains /bin/sh (at least
17 for me) after the chroot and env-update. Therefore, sourcing /etc/profile
18 doesn't give me the whizzy prompt you advertise. Setting the shell
19 variable manually before sourceing /etc/profile gives me the nice, colored
20 prompt you promised.
21
22 -Paul Komarek