From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Automatic Bug Assignment
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2016 08:10:24
1 On 01/30/2016 06:45 PM, Alex Brandt wrote:
2 > Hey Guys,
3 >
4 > I've oft wondered why we don't automatically assign bugs to the
5 > ebuild maintainer (if a CPV is in the subject). Would there be an
6 > issue with adding a bug modification hook to bugzilla or a daily
7 > job to re-assign bugs to ebuild owners (if a CPV is in the
8 > subject)?
9 >
10 > Just curious not trying to incite anything.
11 >
12 > Regards,
13 >
14 Maybe we could add a "Assign to maintainer(s)" button visible only to
15 certain groups of users, so that a bugwrangler who decides this bug is
16 valid just has to hit one button instead of figuring out the details of
17 assignment?
18
19 There seems to be valid criticism about fully automating the workflow,
20 but partial automation can still save huge amounts of time ...