From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for June
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 12:25:32
1 On P, 2008-06-01 at 05:30 +0000, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > This is your monthly friendly reminder ! Same bat time (typically
3 > the 2nd Thursday at 2000 UTC / 1600 EST), same bat channel
4 > (#gentoo-council @ irc.freenode.net) !
5 >
6 > If you have something you'd wish for us to chat about, maybe even
7 > vote on, let us know ! Simply reply to this e-mail for the whole
8 > Gentoo dev list to see.
9
10 I am still waiting on seeing any results or follow-ups on this:
11
12  Can the council help fewer bugs get ignored by arm/sh/s390 teams?
13 -----------------------------------------------------------------
14 The work happens, but Mart says it's not communicated to anyone and
15 has no relationship to whether bugs are open.
16
17 We need to understand the workflow of undermanned arch teams and see
18 whether there's anything we can help improve.
19
20 Possibly improving recuitment -- add a good, motivating
21 staffing-needs entry.
22
23 I still don't see any staffing needs entry or other methods to solve
24 this beyond declaring them as dev profiles which doesn't help with the
25 bugs, and I can't know if any effort has been underway for understanding
26 the workflow. Without an update, it gives the impression nothing has
27 been done, which I don't want to believe. I'd appreciate an update - not
28 necessarily as part of the council agenda, but perhaps just per mail,
29 with any discussions if any is necessary during the meeting.
33 Mart Raudsepp
34 Gentoo Developer
35 Mail: leio@g.o
36 Weblog: http://planet.gentoo.org/developers/leio