From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2008 Google Summer of Code
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 21:21:11
1 On 31-01-2008 12:40:33 -0800, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > > Is there a place were devs can just throw in 'ideas'? I have a couple
3 > > in mind, so it would be great if there was a place where interested
4 > > "students" can go to see all ideas and pick one they like.
5 >
6 > I would prefer students come up with their own ideas ;)
7
8 Hah... That's what we both prefer, however for those who need some
9 inspiration, I'm willing to give some ideas ;)
10
11 > GSoc has not started and we have not been picked as an organization.
12 > I expect we will be but I an hesistant to act without being selected.
13 > That being said, feel free to file a bug and if/when we are selected I
14 > will update the webpage accordingly for SoC 2008.
15 >
16 > You can attach ideas to the bug until the webpage is up; does that
17 > seem good enough?
18
19 Stickies.app works well for me on my desktop, so let's first see if we
20 get selected this year and then if we have people without enough
21 inspiration. Thanks.
25 Fabian Groffen
26 Gentoo on a different level
27 --