From: Christian Bartl <psy-sec@×××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] stable and unstable branches.
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 17:05:13
1 I don't think that it would be such a good idea.
2 I can only speak for myself: As I love Gentoo, but don't have the time to test
3 known unstable software I'm sure I would be the first user who never touches
4 the unstable branch. I think Gentoo would get the same problems like GNU/Linux
5 or Debian: Everyone waits for it getting officially stable and testing is has
6 to be done by a few freaks.
7 Whoever needs a stable Gentoo now only has to read the mailing-lists an knows
8 about common problems.
9 So you great developers: if you want to get you ports tested by many people
10 don't tell the community (and me :-) that it isn't stable.
11
12 best regards
13 Christian
14