From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Bugzilla arch list reordering
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 09:15:46
1 On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 11:01 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Besides regrouping, I've also reordered the keywords to use the same
4 > sorting order as eshowkw (i.e. ppc before ppc64), moved 'BSD' into teams
5
6 (in contrast to 'AMD64 FBSD' and 'X86 FBSD'), and added 'Prefix' team.
9 I think these are all good improvements. In terms of having the best user
10 experience, I would actually advocate changing the order to sort by
11 frequency/use. So the list would just start with amd64, then x86, arm64,
12 ppc, or something like that? Probably we should still match order with
13 eshowkw, maybe there should be a file somewhere that keeps the current
14 order and we can regenerate it from time to time based on the latest use
15 counts.
16
17 Regards,
18