From: Marius Mauch <genone@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-security] GLEP #14: security updates based on GLSA
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 12:49:50
1 On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 12:12:42 +0200
2 Denys Duchier <duchier@×××××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> writes:
5 >
6 > > YYYYMMDD is the ISO standard for dates, and I think all dates in
7 > > Gentoo should be using this widely accepted standard.
8 >
9 > The ISO 8601 standard for dates recommends YYYY-MM-DD. It also
10 > states: "the hyphens can be omitted if compactness of the
11 > representation is more important than human readability". I doubt
12 > this level of compactness is warranted here. We should go with the
13 > more readable format.
14
15 Ok, I updated the code and the sample to use the YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM
16 format.
17
18 Marius
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list