From: Travis Tilley <lv@g.o>
To: Eldad Zack <eldad@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] earch, latest version tool
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 21:34:19
1 Eldad Zack wrote:
2 > Hey Everyone,
3 >
4 > I'd like some feedback about a little tool I've whipped up, which checks the
5 > last stable/unstable ebuild per arch.
6 >
7 > Running it in snort's directory, for example, yields this result:
8 > snort-2.0.6: sparc
9 > snort-2.1.2:
10 > snort-2.1.3: x86
11 > snort-2.2.0: ~amd64 ~x86 ~ppc ~sparc -alpha
14 > Get it while it's hot: http://dev.gentoo.org/~eldad/earch/earch
15
16 Now... if this tool also checked profiles to see which versions could be
17 safely removed -THAT- would be sexy. Some profiles mask to a specific
18 version that may or may not be the latest keyworded version in
19 portage... which certainly makes making sure you dont remove something
20 needed difficult.
21
22 ...i think that's the whole reason why we can measure the size of
23 sys-devel/binutils in MEGS. i know i'm kinda afraid to just start
24 ripping ebuilds out of there... though i seriously need to at some point.
27 Travis Tilley
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list