From: Jonas Stein <jstein@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Removing the distinction between UNCONFIRMED and CONFIRMED bugs
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2022 18:46:22
1 Hi all,
2
3 > I'd like to propose replacing the current UNCONFIRMED and CONFIRMED bug
4 > states with a simple NEW state. Why?
5 >
6 > 1. Only a handful of developers actually uses these two statuses
7 > in a meaningful way.
8 >
9 > 2. Some users are confused and demotivated by having their bugs stay
10 > UNCONFIRMED for a long time.
11
12 As someone who is very active on bugzilla I think the users are happy about
13 - real activity and
14 - polite, precise and clear answers
17 Renaming tags will rather confuse.
18 Yes, some tickets are open for long times (this is not a Gentoo-only
19 problem)
20 We should not hide this with Newspeak.
21
22 I suggest to keep it as it is, because sometimes it makes sense to
23 confirm a bug.
24
25 Are not demotivated, because of the name of the tag.
26
27 They are demotivated, if
28 - bugs remain open/unanswered for long time
29 - they are told "my dev time is too expensive for your problems" in an
30 impolite way
33 Best,
34 Jonas