From: blutgens@._HOSTNAME_
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bug in glibc?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:03:40
1 On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 01:30:30PM +0000, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
2 >Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o> writes:
3 >
4 >Hi (again)!
5 >
6 >After googling a little I found that this is a known bug in gcc (which
7 >is fixed in gcc 2.96). Debian however seems to have made a little work
8 >around to fix this.
9
10 Yeah, since they're just warnings I am pretty sure achim decided to hold out for gcc to get fixed.
13 >Regards,
14 >Mikael Hallendal
15 >
16 >> Hi!
17 >>
18 >> In /usr/include/bits/string2.h there is a ?bug? that causes a lot of
19 >> warnings. This is not in the same file in Debian (have they patched
20 >> it?)
21 >>
22 >> This patch fixes the problem:
25 >> Regards, Mikael Hallendal
26 >
27 >--
29 >| email : micke@×××××××××.net
30 >| sms : micke.mobil@×××××××××.net
31 >| homepage : http://micke.hallendal.net/
32 >| PGP-key : micke.hallendal.net/mikhal.gpg
37 >gentoo-dev mailing list
38 >gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org