From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP59 - Manifest2 hashes
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 08:24:52
On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 3:57 AM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
> > The SHA512 algorithm is available in Python 2.5, which has been a > dependency of Portage since approximately Python
<snip> I hate to nitpick, but I believe you meant Portage in that line. However, great work on this GLEP, you've put forth some good solid research into it. I do hope that we don't intend on settling on SHA512 as the end all solution as well. We should retain a method for bumping the hashing algorithm used when the SHA-3 family becomes available. -- Doug Goldstein