From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP59 - Manifest2 hashes
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 08:24:52
1 On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 3:57 AM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
2 <snip>
3 >
4 > The SHA512 algorithm is available in Python 2.5, which has been a
5 > dependency of Portage since approximately Python 2.1.6.13.
6 <snip>
7
8 I hate to nitpick, but I believe you meant Portage in that line.
9
10 However, great work on this GLEP, you've put forth some good solid
11 research into it.
12
13 I do hope that we don't intend on settling on SHA512 as the end all
14 solution as well. We should retain a method for bumping the hashing
15 algorithm used when the SHA-3 family becomes available.
18 Doug Goldstein