From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding USE=udev to linux profiles
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 23:49:01
1 Thanks Ben,
2
3 Ben Kohler <bkohler@g.o> writes:
4
5 > To stay on the original track, I was suggesting adding it to the linux
6 > profile component, not base. And people who are unwilling to use udev
7 > would disable it globally, like people who are unwilling to use pam or
8 > ipv6.
9 >
10 > But I understand where you're coming from in general-- that we've
11 > already achieved a good minimal balance in enabling udev only where
12 > it's really needed, and enabling it in linux make.defaults will make
13 > it difficult to get back to that state.
14 >
15 > So I will just continue to ask for IUSE=+udev where I believe it's
16 > very important for sane functionality of a particular package. In
17 > other words, I'm no longer pushing for the make.defaults change.
18
19 Glad we are back to the common ground again. Have fun hacking.
20
21 Yours,
22 Benda