From: Mark Gordon <×××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Cross-compiler - cross compilation to other *nix variants
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:47:30
Looking in bugzilla I see that people are working on cross-compiling to
Linux on other processors and mingw for Windows. Is anyone looking at
cross-compiling to other unix variants? I'm particularly interested in
targeting AIX and SCO.

>From a brief look, I think the method would be:
1) Copy the libraries and headers from the target OS into appropriate directories on the host. Possibly an ebuild that tells you how to create suitable tarballs on the target, like the Sun-java ebuild tells you to download the tarball? 2) Build cross versions of binutils & gcc using the cross ebuilds currently under development. If this sounds about right, I should be able to steal the odd hour of company time here and there to work on it, now that my desktop in the office runs Gentoo. -- Mark Gordon Paid to be a Geek & a Senior Software Developer Currently looking for a new job commutable from Slough, Berks, U.K. Although my email address says spamtrap, it is real and I read it. -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list