From: NP-Hardass <NP-Hardass@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Empty project: Desktop
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 21:43:13
1 On 08/07/2016 10:37 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > El dom, 07-08-2016 a las 09:07 -0400, NP-Hardass escribió:
3 >> [...]
4 >> Well, that's easily remedied with an alias for the project that
5 >> contains
6 >> all the subprojects, no?
9 > But I don't know if the projects will like to behave in that way...
10 > because freedesktop-bugs was behaving exactly in that way and, during
11 > the transition, it was agreed to stop using that and simply CC the
12 > right projects when needed :/
13 >
14 > From my point of view we should simply kill that "Desktop" project as
15 > it serves no purpose and CC the relevant projects when needed, as I
16 > don't recall many cases of the old freedesktop-bugs behaving in the way
17 > you are suggesting (involving *all* desktop related projects in the bug
18 > reports). On the other hand it was ending up with most people under the
19 > subprojects simply ignoring the bug reports assigned to freedesktop-
20 > bugs
23 Well, if no other DEs want it, I say go for it. Your description of the
24 old way was before my time working on MATE, I think. Where does that
25 place the DEs going forward? Subprojects of The root node, or something
26 else?
29 NP-Hardass