From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: New lists and their usage
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 20:46:15
1 On Sun, 2007-07-22 at 21:26 +0200, Jan Kundrát wrote:
2 > Ryan Hill wrote:
3 > > zombieswift/new devs -project
4 > > council/trustee nominations -project
5 >
6 > Then it's worth cross-posting -core or -dev-announce or similar. I
7 > thought that goal of -project was to keep devs away from poisonous
8 > content without impairing their Gentoo-awareness.
9
10 This is what I am afraid of, as it now looks like all we've accomplished
11 is making it more difficult for someone to keep their eyes on
12 everything.
13
14 Also, what is the point of dev-announce, then? Realize that
15 dev-announce and project were two separate "solutions" for the same
16 "problem" so now we have two different ways of getting the same point
17 across. If dev-announce continues down the path it is currently going
18 of being only some precursor to dev, I don't see the point, at all. If
19 it is opened up more as I'd outlined previously, making it useful for
20 *all* lists, then I definitely see the reasoning. I'm still not sure I
21 see the point on project, though, since nearly anything being discussed
22 on project could go to another list. I mean, anything policy-related
23 could go to the appropriate list, such as gentoo-council, gentoo-nfp, or
24 gentoo-devrel, so what exactly *is* left, aside from flames, that is
25 non-technical in nature, doesn't fall under the Council/Trustees/DevRel,
26 but still is a global issue?
29 Chris Gianelloni
30 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
31 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
32 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
33 Gentoo Foundation