From: Travis Tilley <lv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] removing dhcpcd from system???
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:13:42
1 Aron Griffis wrote:
2 > Travis Tilley wrote: [Mon Sep 27 2004, 09:56:21PM EDT]
3 >
4 >>now about the problem of removing/having dhcpcd... do our init scripts
5 >>even support using anything else? and if it's not part of the base
6 >>system... why even support it at all in the base system?
9 > baselayout-1.11.x supports multiple dhcp clients. It's been on our
10 > todo list for a long time. At the moment that version of baselayout
11 > is pmasked for testing. I'd be thrilled if devs would unmask and try
12 > it, though.
13
14 nice. i didnt know that until vapier/spanky pointed it out to me. good
15 stuff, and i'm glad to be proven wrong.
16
17 > If you have baselayout-1.11.x emerged, look in /etc/conf.d/net.example
18 > for documentation on what should be in /etc/conf.d/net. It's actually
19 > pretty simple.
20
21 would you be averse to adding a virtual/dhcp-client that defaults to
22 something reasonable and then making this version of baselayout pdep on
23 it if dhcp or some other flag is in USE? i'm a more than willing guinea
24 pig. :)
27 -Travis-
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list