From: Bob Phan <bob@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] portage revisited
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:05:54
1 On 14 Mar 2002, Joshua Hansen wrote:
2
3 > I'm thinking about writing a script (and the reason I bring this up is
4 > if it already exists, point me to it so i don't waste the time) that
5 > uses the qpkg --dups command and then lists and then asks if you want to
6 > remove certain packages. Maybe even include an option to kill all
7 > duplicates and just have a little file that contains things like
8 > FreeType and DB.
9 I ran this yesterday. Cludgy, but works. :)
10
11 emerge --unmerge --safe `qpkg --dups | grep -v linux | grep -v db | grep
12 -v freetype | grep -v bison`
13
14 Disclaimer:
15 This may not work for you, probably won't, and could potentially screw
16 something up. etc. etc.
19 /*
20 * Bob Phan <bob@××××××××××××××××.net,rphan@××××.com>
21 * Computational Chemistry Informatics
22 * Neurogen Corporation
23 * (203)488-8201 x4645
24 *
25 * To understand recursion, you must first understand recursion.
26 */