From: Christian Zoffoli <xmerlin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Partimage on the livecd
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 01:22:05
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 [cut]
3 > HAHAHAHAHA...
4 >
5 > Anyway, though spyderous was joking somewhat, he does have a point. We
6 > really have no reason to produce one as part of the regular releases. I
7 > have thought about making one, just for kicks. The primary reason for
8 > not doing one is that SystemRescueCD already does this quite well. This
9 > is a niche where someone else has built on Gentoo's work and has come up
10 > with a unique and usable product. While I have no problem with someone
11 > else within the Gentoo project using catalyst for this task, I don't see
12 > a reason for one as part of the official releases.
15 Sysrescuecd works only on x86, the ppc version is in beta from months
16 and months and it doesn't work with a network backup solution like
17 bacula or something similar (FYI projects like qtparted are officially
18 death).
19
20 And I'm agree with many users that want a recovery solution integrated
21 with the "install disk".
24 Christian
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list