From: Stanislav Brabec <utx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>, Alastair Tse <liquidx@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New version of revdep-rebuild in gentoolkit
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:03:09
1 Hallo,
2
3 I have just committed new version of revdep-rebuild to gentoolkit.
4
5 It is now marked as unstable. Please test it for possible problems or
6 additions.
7
8 Improvements and new features:
9
10 - Contains hack for resolving order of recompilation. This code
11 sometimes fails (bug in portage can still break order for non
12 up-to-date packages - bug #23018).
13
14 - New options --soname and --soname-regexp allows to recompile
15 packages using certain library, even if it is not broken.
16
17 - Searches more directories (feel free to add another, if any package
18 needs it).
19
20 It does not still update packages while rebuilding by default (it is
21 posible via option --package-names). I have decided not to default
22 upgrade behavior, because it does not work properly on packages with
23 more SLOTS. Maybe adding something as =cate-gory/package-version:slot
24 could be handy for revdep-rebuild and DEPENDs. I think it can be
25 simply implemented (I have added it as a comment to bug #4698).
28 Stanislav Brabec
29 http://www.penguin.cz/~utx
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list