From: Stanislav Brabec <utx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>, Alastair Tse <liquidx@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New version of revdep-rebuild in gentoolkit
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:03:09
Hallo,

I have just committed new version of revdep-rebuild to gentoolkit.

It is now marked as unstable. Please test it for possible problems or
additions.

Improvements and new features:

- Contains hack for resolving order of recompilation. This code
  sometimes fails (bug in portage can still break order for non
  up-to-date packages - bug #23018).

- New options --soname and --soname-regexp allows to recompile
  packages using certain library, even if it is not broken.

- Searches more directories (feel free to add another, if any package
  needs it).

It does not still update packages while rebuilding by default (it is
posible via option --package-names). I have decided not to default
upgrade behavior, because it does not work properly on packages with
more SLOTS. Maybe adding something as =cate-gory/package-version:slot
could be handy for revdep-rebuild and DEPENDs. I think it can be
simply implemented (I have added it as a comment to bug #4698).

--
Stanislav Brabec
http://www.penguin.cz/~utx