From: Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The gnome king is dead, long live the gnome king
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:57:09
1 On 7/31/06, foser <foser@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hello dear followers,
3 >
4 > tonight after a some deliberation I have decided to step down as gnome
5 > lead in favor of AllanonJL. As far as I am concerned AllanonJL has been
6 > the acting lead for quite a while now, while I was too busy to devote
7 > much time to Gentoo and as such it was the only logical next step.
8 >
9 > This doesn't mean I will leave Gentoo, it just means I'm going to get
10 > myself out of a few herds and positions I don't belong in anymore.
11 > Trying to focus on the things I can still do to keep Gentoo the one
12 > distro I love to use.
13 >
14 > I'd like to say thanks to Spider, Obz, Leonardop, Dang,
15 > Compnerd, AllanonJL, Zaheer and all the other contributors over time on
16 > bugzilla and IRC for bringing gnome on Gentoo where it currently is.
17 >
18 > Also I'd like to invite everyone interested in helping gnome on Gentoo
19 > to join #gentoo-desktop on freenode IRC, mail us directly or triage bugs
20 > on bugzilla. We can certainly use more help on pretty much any level,
21 > from user-testing to full blown fresh developers getting their hands
22 > dirty.
23 >
24 > thanks for your time,
25 > Marinus