From: Hasan Khalil <gongloo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] List of aging ebuilds?
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 18:42:06
1 On Jun 16, 2005, at 11:14, Rob Cakebread wrote:
2
3 > Anyone have the source for the package aging list?
4 >
5 > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/23231
6 >
7 > Maybe we can find a new server to run it on?
8
9 A while back, I worked on a simple MySQL-based system for tracking
10 keyword changes. A quickly-thrown-together front-end[1] to the
11 database has been available (albeit unannounced). Please note that
12 this was not scheduled for release anytime and was strictly intended
13 for myself (and Lina AKA j4rg0n, of course) -- a personal-use-only
14 kind of setup. Nonetheless, I'm willing to spend more time on it to
15 flesh it out (with input, of course). Since I haven't kept up to date
16 with it -- what with work and Real Life(tm) and all lately, the
17 database may be a bit out of whack. And again, the front-end is far
18 from finished (more of just a test to explore what might be done with
19 the data). I do intend on maintaining it at least enough to keep it
20 usable for myself and Lina, so if there's enough interest, I'd be
21 happy to expand it to meet the entire community's needs.
22
23 As an aside, the problems mentioned on this thread about the old
24 script that used to send those top-10 e-mails to -dev are not (afaik)
25 an issue with my implementation.
26
27 If this is of any interest to anyone out there, let me know. As
28 always, I'm open to discussion and suggestions.
29
30 [1] http://charlies-server.no-ip.com/~gongloo/keywordlog
34 Hasan Khalil
35 eBuild and Porting Co-Lead