From: Roman Zimmermann <mereandor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo: static/dynamic linking libraries
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 07:31:14
1 Am Montag 30 April 2007 05:35 schrieb Marius Mauch:
2 > [snip]
3 > builds being irrelevant in many cases is wrong, just that the claim of
4 > "only 2 packages needing it" is bogus.
5
6 Surely this was meant in the context of the previous thread: 2 out of 845
7 packages on my system would be right. That's about 0,237%. Either way this is
8 a small percentage to argue that 100% should be built with static libs.
9 (And there is still the question whether those two would really _need_ those
10 static libs or it's just due to the deficiency of the EXTRA_ECONF-method.)
11
12 When I have time I will take a look on how some other distributions handle
13 this.