From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Gentoo Support Everywhere
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 23:10:07
1 On Wed, May 20, 2009 00:37, Dale wrote:
2 > That would be the point. Gentoo has its own forum so why have two
3 > forums? What would be the point in having two places to go look for
4 > answers? Better yet, why would Gentoo support both forums?
5
6 You mean like all the rest of big distros? :p All the the distros
7 there have some kind of support in LQ, otherwise they wouldn't be
8 allowed to have a subforum. All of them have also their own forums.
9
10 Like it or not, LQ is the first place where a newcomer goes.
13 > I'm a member at LQ tho I haven't been there in a long while. I just
14 > don't see why there has to be two forums when the one forum we have is more
15 > than enough. If someone can't find the Gentoo forums, I'm not sure they
16 > can find the chair and keyboard either. lol
17
18 Probably, still I am of the kind who fights before surrendering
19 just because someone else consider something a lost cause.
20
21 We could go rounds for days with this same argument. Just because
22 one thing is enough or more than sufficient it doesn't mean that
23 all the persons in the world are going to accept that or discover
24 it at the first glance. As said, that I answer things about
25 gentoo there is not open for discussion: it is a fact.
26
27 I just want to ease my job there.
30 Jesús Guerrero