From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] changes to staffing-needs page and project pages
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 17:48:17
1 Since a few weeks ago project pages can contain a new <recruitment>
2 section to list open positions within the project that require fresh
3 blood (thanks to neysx for implementing this). Historically those were
4 only listed centrally
5 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/staffing-needs/index.xml, which
6 had a number of problems (limited visibility, unclear responsibility)
7 But as a central page also has advantages that page has been updated to
8 collect the <recruitment> sections from project pages and list them all
9 in one place (again thanks to neysx for the implementation).
10
11 I hope that this new feature will help us to better communicate where
12 users can help the project and improve our recruitment process.
13
14 Marius
15
16 PS: people with existing entries on the old page have been notified a
17 few weeks ago with the offer to migrate their entries, and only when
18 people replied have their entries been migrated.
23 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
24 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.