From: Vitaly Kushneriuk <vitaly_kushneriuk@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] portage query tool [attached]
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 04:01:57
1 Greets.
2 Finaly I found time to clean up my portage query script, so that
3 I can contribute it to gentoo community.
4
5 use "qpkg --help" for usage.
6
7 A few highlights:
8
9 qpkg name list packages like "*name*" with versions
10 and installation state.
11 Example: qpkg porta
12 qpkg -f|-fp file list packages that "own" file like
13 "*name*" (-fp) or the exact file (-f)
14 Example qpkg -f /bin/sh
15
16 qpkg --dups print packages with more then one
17 version installed
18
19 OPTIONS
20 -l list installed package content
21 -i list package homepage and description
22 -c|-cm|-ct check package integrity (mtime/md5)
23
24 Notes:
25 I did some cleanup, but it's still just a fast attempt to
26 do something usefull. So code is ugly, not the best option
27 handling etc.
28
29 I know it's, kind of, over colorized, but I like it this way :-)
30 use "-nc" if you dont
31
32 "pkgsearch .", i.e. list ALL packages is about 10 times
33 faster then "qpkg" ( 2.2s vs 20s at my machine),
34 but "pkgsearch portage" is about 10 times SLOWER then
35 "qpkg portage" (1.8s vs 0.2s)
36
37 Later,
38 /Vitaly