From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding USE=udev to linux profiles
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 22:01:07
1 On 07/19/2018 05:51 PM, Ben Kohler wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'd like to propose adding USE=udev to our linux profiles (in
5 > profiles/default/linux/make.defaults probably). This flag is already
6 > enabled on desktop profiles but it also affects quite a few packages
7 > used on non-desktop linux systems.
8 >
9 > ...
10 >
11 > Any objections to this idea?
14 Please add defaults per-package, only where they make sense. Enabling
15 flags globally creates a huge headache for people that want them off.
16
17 If I want to undo your new flag, I have to set USE="-udev" globally, and
18 that clobbers any important per-package defaults that maintainers have set.