From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Improving repoman checking, better idea (add arch.desc file)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 17:37:55
1 On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 18:20:34 +0200
2 Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Might want a "broken" (with maybe a better name) for some of these. I
5 > bet the ~arch of some of these is broken too, and no-one to respond to
6 > keyword requests, just happens when it happens.
7 > arm64 and mips are in that state too until we get that fixed and could
8 > move to "testing" and then later "stable" in case of arm64.
9
10 This is one aspect I liked about my other proposal, that the behaviours
11 associated with various keywords was well defined.
12
13 ---
14 # keywords:
15 # - strict: arch-foo and ~arch-foo treated distinctly
16 # - mixed: arch-foo treated as ~arch-foo
17 # - any: packages that exist and have any keywords are ~arch-foo
18 #
19 # dependencies:
20 # - enforce: referential integrity within logical keywords
21 # is required
22 # - warn: referential integrity within logical keywords
23 # warns when its bad, and enforced with -d
24 # - ignore: referential integrity is not even considered
25 # without -e y and enforced with -e y
26
27 # name | keywords | dependencies
28 stable strict check
29
30 # was strict ignore
31 dev mixed warn
32 exp mixed ignore
33 ----
34
35 In that, its instructive as to the significance of the terms.
36
37 "Unstable" and "Broken" don't really say much to me.
38
39 But dependencies=ignore much more adequately communicates to me
40 the state that, dependency coherence is known to be problematic
41 and that you should not care about dependency coherence unless
42 you have some specific agenda.
45 If we can mix and match some of these designs with the arch.desc file
46 however, I'm all for it.