From: Dhruba Bandopadhyay <dhruba@××××××××××××.uk>
To: Todd Wright <wylie@××××××××××.org>
Cc: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: FW: [gentoo-dev] Portage quibbles
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:41:36
1 On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 03:21, Todd Wright wrote:
2
3 > If you install a package (such as mplayer) by emerging one of its
4 > successors (ie the plugins) you are asking for trouble. If you want
5 > mplayer it should be emerged on its own then emerge the plugin
6 > seperately. Even if a package is merged automatically as a dependancy
7 > of another larger package, (as in the case of evolution/mozilla) there
8 > is nothing stopping you from manually adding a package to the world
9 > file, and I would think that occasional edits to a config file (such
10 > as the world file) are to be expected in a unix-like environment....
11 > or am I missing the point?
12
13 I tried adding mozilla to world file but it isn't the same as emerging
14 mozilla on its own and still gets downgraded.
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list