From: Jauhien Piatlicki <jpiatlicki@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] g-elisp repository helper
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 18:58:54
1 Hi all,
2 I do not know whether this list is an appropriate place, so sorry if it
3 is not )
4
5 Recently I've wrote some little scripts that implement interface for
6 g-common type repositories of layman[1]. And I would ask those who is
7 interested to test them.
8
9 I've created two packages: g-common (interacts with layman) and g-elisp
10 (generates ebuilds). g-elisp is aimed to automatically create layman
11 overlays for repositories of elisp packages supported by package.el, so
12 those packages could be installed by portage.
13
14 To test it you can add an overlay described by this xml-file:
15 https://github.com/jauhien/jauhien-overlay/blob/master/jauhien-overlay.xml
16 and then `emerge g-elisp`
17
18 After emerging it you will be able to add two layman repositories of
19 type g-common: gnu-elpa and marmalade.
20
21 g-common and g-elisp are still in the very beta, also I'm a very
22 beginner in python, so I will appreciate any feedback and criticism.
23
24 Jauhien
25
26 [1]